These two weeks, I volunteered twice at the University Avenue food shelf--I also switched my day to Wednesday since that works better with my new schedule. Other than that, I began to really solidify the plans for my project. I met with Christine Pulver about the nutrition grant, looked at some statistics, began writing a survey, and visited another food shelf.
I officially established the goal of my project, as opposed to having a more general idea of what I am doing. The goal of my project is to help Keystone figure out how to use the funds from its nutrition grant in the best way possible. As a part of that, I began to learn about what I need to consider to use the resources best. I also decided that for the following weeks of my project, I will lay out clear goals that I want to accomplish. This will keep me on track and also ensure that I finish what I set out to do. I think I need this kind of discipline in action, since I have no trouble thinking about what I want to do, but sometimes I have trouble just jumping in and doing it.
I did not do as much work as I should have, which is why I decided to start laying out specific goals. I am very excited that I have a lot to work on based on the meeting I had with Christine Pulver, and I am also excited that I have figured out what I can do in order to keep myself on track with the project.